March 20, 2010
Saturday April 10, 2010
The workshop would benefit those preparing to take LARE sections C and/or E
for the first time, those who are repeating the exam and seeking more study direction, and those interested in connecting with potential study partners.
The Oregon Chapter ASLA will hold this one day exam review workshop to support members in their preparation to sit for the Landscape Architect Registration Examination (L.A.R.E.) graphic sections C - Site Design and E - Grading and Drainage.Â It is the responsibility of exam candidates to study and prepare adequately, and the Oregon Chapter is excited to offer support and guidance during the process.
Alta Planning + Design, 711 SE Grand Avenue,Â Portland, OR
9:15-12:00Â Â Â Â Intro, Section C
12:00-12:20Â Â Break
12:20-1:30Â Â Â Â Brown bag lunch
1:30-4:30Â Â Â Â Section E
The workshop will include
discussion and handouts on the following:
- Section C and E exam content review
- Study resources
- Practice problems
- Time-saving tips
- Lunch hour session with recent exam takers sharing their experiences and answering questions.
materials similar to those used during the exam:
- pencils and/or pens, erasers
- scales (architectural and engineering)
- trace paper
- non-photo blue pencils
- drafting tape
- circle template(s)
* Lunch is not provided. Bring your own lunch, or bring cash if you would like to join a group sandwich order at lunch. The review session is open to ASLA members and non-members and costs are as follows:
- Both Sections C and E: ASLA Members $60.00, Non-members $80.00
- Section C or E only: ASLA Members $30.00, Non-members $40.00
Interested individuals may contact Robin Wilcox
at (503) 230-9862 for more information.