May 7, 2012 Edit
via Joyce Jackson, ASLA, Mt. Hood Section Co-Chair
Tour the June Delta Key Community Center –
A Living Building Challenge Demonstration Project
If you attended or missed but wanted to attend the Living Cities, How Do We Get There? session at the recent ASLA Oregon symposium and want to learn more about the living building challenge process, come to the MT Hood chapter meeting at the June Key Delta Community Center on May 31st.
Architect Mark Nye will be there to discuss how this community center was developed from an old gas station site and how it was transformed into a community asset with minimal environmental impacts.
Topics will include:
• An overview of the building and site’s fulfillment of the Living Building Challenge ‘petals’.
• Transformation of a brown field site to a usable property.
• Inclusion of the community in the programming and design process.
• Provisions for opportunities in urban agriculture and food education
• Collecting and reusing stormwater on site.
Spend an hour on the tour and then mingle with your colleagues at the Community Center.
(2) HSW PDH's are being offered at this event!.
Thursday, May 31 2012
5940 North Albina Ave., Portland, OR
5:30-5:45 - Gather together
5:45-6:45 - Tour and talk
6:45-7:45 - Social hour
Maul Foster Alongi will be sponsoring the event by providing snacks and drinks.
Please RSVP to this event!