August 19, 2012 Edit
via Veronica Meadows, CLARB
Dear ASLA Chapters,
CLARB wants to help you help emerging professionals in your jurisdiction on their path to licensure. Please take a moment to forward this email to those who have already started or are considering taking the L.A.R.E. Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Director of Communications
Three Reasons to Take Sections 1 and 2
during the September 2012 L.A.R.E. Administration
- Sections 1 and 2 have the same content and same delivery (computer-based, multiple-choice and multiple-response questions) as Sections A and B -- and the same practice materials for Sections A and B are still valuable to prepare for the September administration. There are no significant changes for Sections 1 and 2 (as shown in the CLARB exam overview video).
- Register now to ensure your preferred test center location and date are available. If you wait too long to schedule your appointment, you may have to travel unnecessarily long distances to take the exam. Be smart. Register for the exam and schedule your appointment now.
- Because you can (and should)! If you are seeking initial licensure in one of the jurisdictions listed below andhave graduated from an accredited school of landscape architecture, you may register on the CLARB website to take Sections 1 and 2 immediately. You don't have to wait to earn experience prior to taking these sections. (All other candidates should contact their licensure board for exam eligibility information.) CLARB's "Determinants of Success" research indicates that you are more likely to pass Sections 1 and 2 on the first attempt when these sections are taken as soon as possible after college graduation. The longer you wait to take Sections 1 and 2, the less likely you are to pass.
- Alabama, Alaska, Arizona
- Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa
- Kentucky, Kansas
- Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana
- Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota
- Ohio, Ontario
- Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico
- Rhode Island
- South Dakota
- Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming
Hurry, there are only 23 days left to register! Registration closes on Friday, August 31 at midnight Eastern Daylight Time. If you have questions, need more information about the L.A.R.E., or need help registering, please contact CLARB via email or phone (571-432-0332).