December 10, 2009 Edit
Dear Santa, The Oregon ASLA Chapter has been very good this year. We would like to let you know what weâ€™ve been up to so that you will pass on a good word for us as you spread holiday cheer across Oregon.
- We are preparing to hire a chapter administrator to assist the executive committee and membership with communications, fundraising, outreach, advocacy and general administration.
- We are in the midst of carrying out changes to our Chapter communications that will improve the quality of content and appearance while utilizing new media options to increase visibility and relevancy.
- We are preparing for the 2010 Symposium + Design Awards and have just approved a new Sponsorship Package giving opportunity for friends and vendors to contribute financially to the OR ASLA Chapter.
- We are planning for the addition of an advisory committee to offer an opportunity for long-standing practitioners and friends of the profession to be involved in a limited, yet significant capacity.
- We will be organizing an advocacy committee to ensure that the Chapter is aware of and represented in all issues relevant to the profession.
I am asking for only 1 present this year. Well, maybe more than oneâ€¦ but 1 type of gift: Oregon ASLA Chapter members and friends to offer support so that our goals will be realized. As always, I hope to be contacted with questions and advice: email@example.com or (503) 224.9560. Thank you to everyone who helped with such a successful 2009. Hope to see you all at the Chapter Annual Meeting on January 29th!